Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Seth Godin's Edgecraft process ... in a VISUAL format !

I thoroughly enjoy Seth's work and have followed the development of his marketing insights from Permission Marketing to the IdeaVirus to the Purple Cow and then Free Prize Inside. It is in the last book, Free Prize Inside, that Seth lays out the process he calls "Edgecraft", or "How to Make a Purple Cow". If you have not read these books, I highly recommend them!

Since I am very visually oriented (as are alot of people), I find it helpful to lay things out in diagrams so as I began thinking about the Edgecraft process for my company I tried to figure out how it would "look".

The linked file below is the result !

Dave Wheeler's Visual Presentation Model - based on Seth Godin's Edgecraft

It is a very simple model, based on an Excel spreadsheet and a "Radar" graph, but I find that is "shows the edges" (literally). The process of "finding the edges" is also useful since it helps you see what is important and where you need to improve (to show more "edge" than your competition).

If anyone has any questions or comments, please let me know. There is probably more explanation needed, but I will wait to see what you think.

No comments: