Monday, July 11, 2005

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food

First, let me say that this post falls in the category of "Do as I say, not as I do" (but I am working on changing).

The article at the link below by Jess Halliday, editor of NutraIngredients-USA.com, is brief, but based on a strong idea. Check it out:
http://www.foodproductiondaily.com/news/ng.asp?n=61206&m=1FPD711&c=tmfmbffmoptxhrw

NoteWordy Summary:
If Hippocrates (famous for the "Hippocratic Oath" that all doctors take) said, "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food", why don't doctors treat ailments with food more often than drugs? The short answer... drugs make money. Food is cheap. Drugs are the fast answer. The magic bullet. Food takes preparation and work. Food takes planning and discipline.

The article goes on to explain some legislation being introduced as well as other background. I recommend taking a look ... and thinking about how your life could be improved by better food choices.

I know I will be thinking about it !

Write On!

Dave Wheeler
www.NoteWordy.com Founder

No comments: